Did you know that there is one divorce in America about every 13 seconds? Current research points to 41% of all first marriages, 60% of all second marriages, and 73% of all third marriages ending in divorce. Of course, the prevalence doesn’t make it any easier. Splitting assets, navigating family relationships, and everything else that comes with starting a new life can be overwhelming, to say the least. So, naturally, a smile makeover likely isn’t the first to-do that comes to mind. However, it may be exactly what you need! Here’s why.
Why You Should Consider a Smile Makeover Post-Divorce
Investing in cosmetic dentistry post-divorce is about so much more than revitalizing your appearance. Here are a few noteworthy reasons why you should visit a dentist like me post-divorce:
Give yourself a reason to smile
Divorce comes with lots of strong emotions, like anger, sadness, and betrayal. Smiling can be difficult, especially if you are unhappy with yours. Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry can address discoloration, chips, cracks, and other imperfections that normally make you hide your grin.
Improve your self-esteem
If your self-esteem has taken a hit, then don’t wait to schedule a cosmetic dental consultation. Your smile is one of your most noticeable features, after all. Plus, you may not have to wait long to transform your grin – some treatments can be completed in just one visit!
Boost your professional success
Do you have your eye on a promotion? Maybe you’re getting back into the job market again. Studies have shown that applicants who underwent a teeth whitening treatment before their interview were more likely to receive an offer (and at a higher salary!).
Enhance your oral health
Whether it’s due to stress, a hectic schedule, or simply a lack of motivation, you may have let your oral health slip to the back burner. The good news is that some cosmetic dental treatments benefit the function and health of your smile too.
5 Smile-Transforming Cosmetic Dental Treatments
From minor misalignment to permanent discoloration, there is no dental imperfection that can’t be addressed with a skilled, talented, and trained dentist in your corner. During your consultation, they will conduct an exam and learn about your concerns before providing their recommendations. Here are a few of the most sought-after cosmetic dental treatments:
• Teeth whitening – Professional in-office and take-home whitening treatments can blast away stubborn stains, revealing a brilliant, white smile.
• Veneers – Able to address chipped, misshapen, stained, and otherwise imperfect teeth, veneers are extremely versatile and can be placed in as little as two visits.
• Cosmetic dental bonding – This cost-effective treatment is ideal for correcting minor imperfections, like small chips and discoloration.
• Invisalign – Now, you can straighten your teeth without the metal. A custom-made series of clear aligners will gradually guide your teeth into their properly aligned positions.
• Dental implants – Struggling with tooth loss? Dental implants can replace the root and crown of your teeth, enhancing the look and function of your smile at once.
You deserve to smile. Furthermore, you deserve a smile you are proud of. One that will help you start this new chapter on the right foot. One of the best places to start? With a visit to your cosmetic dentist’s office.